How did I pick the short straw! Last appt. of the day, office going nuts. I kid you not, children RUNNING around the waiting room. Three boys just bounding around, asking where the restroom is. They then walked RIGHT into the back of the office looking for the restroom. Excuse me!
This one dad(back in the waiting room) kept saying, 'Angel, stop it or we're going to the car' So, she would do it again with no follow through on the consequence. I wanted to scream "My 21 month old is more behaved than this!" BIG pet peeve is parents not following through with discipline.
Got back into the rear waiting and witnessed something sort of wrong. The sonogram tech came out of the sono room, I could hear crying in the room. She had a discussion with a Dr. right in front of me and another patient about a womans' 20 wk. scan. Apparently, the baby has dextrocardia, heart on the right side of the body. Ummm, is it wrong of me to think that they shouldn't be discussing that in the open!? (adding fuel to me wanting to leave this office)
On to Dr. Craptastic.
The conversation was actually much better. No exam, No sonogram. Just a repeat beta to make sure my #'s are going down. He does want us to wait a cycle before TTC again and then wants to start Clomid. He was once again trying to convince me of a few things and I just let him talk. No need to argue with a Dr. from the old school. That was the extent of it.
Little concerned about the no sonogram to rule out any lingering tissue but I have one scheduled next week with the new Dr. I'll discuss trying again with the new Dr. and see what she says. There are MANY mom on my October '07 boards that got pregnant on the MC cycle. That's the plus, the con is everything else I read. The fact of the endometrial lining not having time to regenerate to the proper thickness to support a new pregnancy, the higher risk of recurrent MC, my hormones(messed up as they are) really needing time to stabilize.
The BIGGEST CON: I just don't know if I'm ready again and would hate to question my decision after it was too late. Not that a new pregnancy would be a mistake. I just think my mind and emotions need to be wholly present in the joy of a new pregnancy and not carrying unresolved sadness into what should be an exhilarating, bonding, and hopeful moment in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment