Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nothing Like Christmas Flu!

UGH!!!! Seriously, this sucks.

I wasn't feeling all that great on Monday when we left Atlanta but I'd just worked myself to death for two days cleaning house and packing.

Tuesday on the drive to Houston was even WORSE! I think breakfast consisted of 15 grapes and a flat Sprite in the car. Chalked it up to a final bout with morning sickness as I felt better by the time we arrived.

Fast forward to 9 pm last night...HELLO, porcelain Gods...me and the toilet got to know each other all night long. I think the longest 'sleep' I got was 30 mins.

By 2 am I was cramping on and off and couldn't tell it if was intestinal or uterine contractions. The cramps were random with no pattern and there were no other reasons to suspect pre-term labor, but I was worried.

At 7 am this morning, I'd had enough. Emotionally, I couldn't hold it together anymore and physically I was crumbling fast. Off to the ER at Herman Memorial Hospital here in Houston, ironically I had noticed it's location the day before.

After 5 hrs, 2 exams, 1 ultrasound, countless vials of blood it was determined I had the stomach flu. Hooray, just hooray.

Home again we went with a prescription and instuctions to stay hydrated. Please let this pass quickly, mommy has a toddler that is lost without her.

No comments: