Dad is a man of few words when it comes to the touchy, emotional subjects of life. It makes deep and thoughtful conversations with him even more dear to me when they happen.
How he sits there and asks questions without looking you in the eye. In my heart, I know it's because he will fall apart to see deep emotion in another persons eyes. We couldn't look at each other before walking down the aisle for this very reason.
He struggles to phrase the questions just right. There is a catch in his voice that tells me all I really need to know.
He cares. He loves. He cherishes.
If you read this dad. I love you too.
For quietly asking me how I'm doing these days. Graciously accepting my answer that I'm ok. Learning to live for me and not others expectations. And not taking any insult in the statement.
You accepted this quiet person that doesn't want grandious things, wild vacations or hundreds of friends. I know it's hard to see happiness in the solitude that I surround myself with most of the time.
For saying you just want to see me happy. And asking questions about what makes me happy and smiling at the answers.
I am finding my way slowly. Limiting the interactions that bring me pain and anxiety and raising my soul through newfound ventures.
Thank you so much giving 15 minutes of your heart that I will never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment