Monday, January 23, 2012

ALL Boy day

Trent decided that it was time to prove how tough and strong he was yesterday.

For his first feat, one of strength as he single handedly broke the door off my dresser! The top drawer was out slightly and he was trying to close the outer door. He is either a ridiculously strong 18 mth. old or there was a sweet spot in the wood. It gave and split right off the hinge. My ears couldn't identify the sound of splitting wood fast enough to stop him. The ferocious little grunt he put behind the effort was extremely cute....I remind myself, he was just trying to help.

I lost track of Trent upstairs in the chaos of assessing my dresser door and removing it from the hinges. FOUND him. Second boy feat....eat toilet paper after dunking it in the toilet. He will defy the germs, mock them even. Gross, gross gross!

I need to get some things done before heading off to tennis, so I sent the kids out to the garage with Rich. He was setting up his new workbench from Home Depot. A combination birthday and Xmas gift. Yea, for no more door supported two saw horses!

I was now in the kitchen finishing potato salad for the tennis match when I hear screaming from the garage. Trent, the job foreman, had placed himself under the workbench to supervise....and it collapsed. Daddy to the rescue on this one. Rich sacrificed his back and shoulder to save our boy. Once again, I remind myself he was just trying to help.

Down for nap...no more excitement.

And he wakes up from nap and decides to climb the bathroom stool to get a toothbrush. Fine. Little man is obsessed with tooth hygiene. Fine, until he slips off the back of the stool, lands on his butt and sends his noggin flying back into the tile floor. Ohhhhhh, the tears. Rich swears he heard his skull crack, not so much.

So this is life with a boy. All adventures and owies.

No comments: