Today is the last day in our house before the packers arrive.
I've woken up in my misty green bedroom for the last time.
Snuggle with my kids in my bed for the last time.
Made my last cup of coffee in the kitchen.
I will clean my house for the last time(although honestly moving to a 1800 sq. ft. house from this 2900 sq. ft. is going to be awesome in the realm of cleaning)
Last meals to be had, last giggles in the rooms we have called home for almost 9 years.
We are working on all the last touch ups and to do's before we hand over the keys. (We have a renter for the next 18 mths we will be gone)
I am hoping we come back. Pulling away on Tuesday will be a sad moment.
Nora is already crying daily about not leaving Georgia. Why can't daddy get work in Florida or Texas where her cousins are? Her last days have been filled with final playdates and goodbyes that the 5 year old heart cannot understand.
Rich and I are doing our best to keep going since we have not choice. I think the enormity of it all hits us at night before we go to bed and in our restless sleep.
This house has become part of hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment