I apologize for the blog taking a turn into my diagnosis and thoughts for a while, but I need to process all of this.
This week, I am reminded to be thankful.
Thankful that whatever this is, while serious is not eminently life threatening. I am praying for a young mother and friend in my home town. She is 5 mths pregnant with her third child and was just diagnosed with breast cancer. My battle feels small next to the mountain she will have to climb.
Thankful for two kiddos that understand mommy is tired and needs to rest. Snuggled against me and half on top of me they watched a movie in our bedroom while mommy dozed. There is something so calming about your kiddos snuggled into you on a windy day.
Thankful for a night out with old friends filled with laughter before we leave on this grand adventure. They helped me remember all the crazy things we have done in the last 11 years.
Thankful for modern medicine. Even though this is scary at times we a blessed to be in a country where I can be treated.
I am mostly thankful for my husband, family and friends that keep encouraging me to move forward. My sister says, ''you are a priority, do not forget that''. So easy to forget when raising children, and so easy to think of it as being selfish. Lesson, I need to chose when to be selfish for my health, rest, take meds, so I can be unselfish and giving of myself with renewed energy and better health.
No comments:
Post a Comment