Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dripping!

Ok, just have to post this because it's a HUGE thing to me. It is so important for me to focus on non-scale related goals to keep myself motivated about the health behind the weight loss, not the actual weight.

Today, I conquered the Stairmaster machine at the gym! That's right, after 40 minutes on the bike I decided to see how long I could hold my own on the evil machine. I've been very tentative since the cartilage in my left knee is shot from years of tennis. Big deep breath and off I went

I did 86 flights in 30 mins!!!!!

The machine said I did an 'average' of 45 steps per minute, so roughly 1,345. I was dripping sweat off my face by the time I was done. I love that, because it's a sign my workout was intense and doing it's job. The BEST part is that my knee didn't twing at ALL, guess all those miles walk/running on the treadmill finally strengthened my tendons.

Next goal: RPM cycle class

No comments: