Friday, February 6, 2009

Winning and Losing

So the road to weightloss has been a tough one! I've lost, gained, lost, gained, lost again in the last 4 mths. I'm still no where close to my goals but have found out some interesting things none the less.

1. I actually don't eat ENOUGH! I started tracking calories on sparkpeople.com back the beginning of January. Ummm, most days I was hitting between 1000 and 1200 calories. Basic starvation mode for my body. Sorry body, been there done that and promised not to do it again! - LOSE

2. I'm not ovulating again. ERRRRR. Stupid PCOS. Going to be having MORE extensive bloodwork in the next couple weeks. This time it's testorerone, estrogen, lipids, glucose, thyroid, and one other thing I can't remember right now. - BIG LOSE

3. I CAN do 5+ hrs of cardio a week! This includes tennis, walking, running, or stairs. - BIG win for me on this one!

4. I feel ok about my body image but not great. Working through a lot of food issues and body image issues creeping up from the past, but I'm processing feelings not burying them. WIN

5. Scale obsession, not a good thing. Really thinking about Rich hiding it from me because I don't think the morning weigh-ins are helping the psyche. - LOSE

6. Doing all of this with real life friends and on-line buddies I think keeps me focused - WIN

I know I'm my worst critic. I also know that I'm doing this for ME, no one else, but I'm having trouble getting over the feeling that people are watching, waiting for this miraculous change. What if it never happens, will they be disappointed. (my husband is not in this # of people)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I had to throw the scale away. I know you don't do ww, but I only weigh myself there (or once or twice at a friend's house haha) because I was too scale obsessed and it had to stop. Consider hiding it for a while. Only get it out once a week or once a month if you need to take a break from it.

And I surely HOPE that no one is waiting for some kind of miraculous change. :( Hugs